Jim Hanna Photography
Home | Pages | Galleries


Rural Culture on the Edge The James Farm. by the Berlin Turnpike 2

Comments:  This farm maintains a sense of ‘place’ as home to many generations of Loudoun farm families. It was established in 1827 by the family of Elijah and Sarah James, and remains in the same family today under the ownership of Geraldine James. The original barn in this picture was constructed in 1887 to serve the farm’s 250 acres, while a second barn in the background was constructed in 1957 to support its dairy business. The James Farm also provided land to establish the historic James’ Chapel, one of six churches in the Southern Methodist Loudoun circuit.

<< Last     Next >>




Pages


Galleries




powered by ifp3.com